Monday, September 14, 2009

Sunday Fun

I got to meet a guy tonight that I've been wanting to meet for a while. We have mutual friends and I keep getting told how amazing he is. Let's just say that I think I fell in love - just a little bit. He is totally fun, talented and cute. Let's call him...Henry. I've always liked that name.

It was a great night. He was fun to talk to. He is silly, he got my sarcasm, he seems smart, he is very social in a large crowd and seems comfortable with all types of people. I had decided before tonight that I was going to be bold and tell him that I would love for him to call me sometime. It's subtle, yet encouraging. I am happy to report that I didn't have to say it. Before I had a chance he asked if I would like to do something. Can you see me smiling? I don't know if I have stopped. I had to ask if he really was going to call. I have had this conversation before. He said that he would. He asked what my schedule was like during the next few weeks. Next few weeks - geez that's a really long time. I told him that I would be out of town for a week, but would be home next Monday and he should call then. He said that he would. I really wished I would have added that he could call anytime before that just to talk. I didn't think of it until later. I did email him some pictures from the event and he did respond today. Which is good because my previous emails didn't get a response generally. One other thing that I was kind of happy about - He gave me three hugs, one sort of in the middle of the evening and two as we were talking at his car before he left. Sigh.

I have been told that he is highly disorganized. This may be a deal breaker for me. I am anal with organization. However, I think this is the first guy that I have met that I am truly excited about going out with. Now I hope that I didn't jinx it. I will keep you all posted.

Still haven't been out on a second date, but both Nick and Bob have asked me to do something. I think that Bob will possibly get a second date. Nick - not so sure about. Also, I may have a lunch date with a new guy...let's call him Shane, next week.

Shirley

3 comments:

Ginger said...

HOW EXCITING! I'm so glad to see you smiling and that he gets your humor and that you are excited to have him call you and that he emailed back. I think the whole things great! I want to see pics!

:)

Ali said...

I can see you smiling! I'm grinning as well!!

Anonymous said...

okay, i promised myself last night after i told you i hadn't looked at your blog in a LONG time that i would. so glad i have. you're so funny woman!!! i wish you total, blissful happiness!! xo