Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Practice, Practice, Practice - Does it Really Make Perfect?

I got two tickets to conference with weekend at the Meganacle. In keeping with the theme of being more bold this year, and thinking that I need the practice (see below), I threw out a text message to Mr. Piano Man, Henry. It was a simple straight-forward question. I realize that it is a little lame asking via text, but I am slowly trying to work into this dating scene and asking via phone is a little difficult for me to muster up the courage to do. This happened Sunday afternoon while I was feeling brave, just got the tickets and Laverne pointed out many nice traits about myself and why it wasn't a big deal. Deep breath - push send...

Today is Tuesday, still haven't heard from Henry, trying hard not to feel rejected and dumb for asking. He really is bad at timely responses, but hey this question was more than asking him to perform at a fireside. I did find some good information about how to deal with this from an online source she said...

"Don't take it as a rejection. This is just practice. He seems to be playing his role, so keep the faith and just play your role. You have matched his efforts, now sit back and see if he steps forward and does more. Remain warm and feminine when you see him, but don't linger too long so he has a need to keep pursuing more of your time. Leave him on a high note making him feel great, trusting that if he doesn't respond someone else will. I really don't know if he will do anything or not, but I do know this could be a great opportunity to practice your skills so you have no regrets."

Okay, so my goal for this experience is no regrets and to keep thinking of this as practice.

Shirley

No comments: