Because of a party that Laverne and I attended a few guys have contacted me via Facebook. One of them, let's call him - Shane asked me out. He doesn't live here but works here occasionally. After a few emails between the two of us. He asked me if I would meet him for lunch. I accepted.
The date almost didn't happened - so many things went wrong. First, my babysitter that I originally planned on got sick and cancelled, I tried to call for back up and was denied. I finally got my neighbor to take them (since it was only for a couple of hours and my son was in school). The morning of the date, I woke up with a flat tire. Completely flat. What??? How does this happen on the day I am supposed to drive the kids to school, get into town for lunch and I had a friend coming over to help move some boxes out of my house. Somehow, I pulled off getting enough air in my tire to get us to Les Schwab to get it repaired, made it home in time to haul all the boxes out of my basement so they would be ready to be thrown away, got the kids to school (it was picture day) so he had to look good, and made it to the lunch spot a little early.
Lunch was fun. He is older than I am (not sure how much). He is divorced with a very similar story to mine. We had an easy time talking, food was great, he was cute in a nerdy sort of way. For some reason the "nerdy" boy appeals to me. He is gainfully employed, has a couple kids, lives in another state, which makes him feel safe, and he was fun to talk to.
He asked if I would like to do something again next time he was in town. He said that he gets out here once a month. I agreed. I keep reading this bookmark I was given in Relief Society that says, "In all of Living, have much fun and laughter. Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured." President Gordon B. Hinckley. I had an enjoyable time, so why not a second date.
Today, I woke up and was getting the kids ready for the day. Shane calls me and tells me he had a good time at lunch. He said that he was actually disappointed that he had to go back to work because he would have liked to talk longer. He would like to see me again before he heads back home, if I am available. He is leaving on Monday. Not much time really to plan something. Lucky for me I have the best friend, Laverne, who agreed to take my kids after church for a couple hours while Shane and I go on a hike.
I guess that I am losing the title of one date wonder. Funny that the second date is happening so quickly after the first. I guess I will see where this goes. Come back for the part two of this date...
Just so you know still haven't received a call from Henry. Not sure that I will. I hope that I do, but not real confident that it's going to happen.
Shirley
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment