Hey Everyone! Did you miss us? Laverne and I have been busy and really haven't had much to write about. We had a fabulous trip to New York. Where good things happened everyday. It was one of the best trips I have been on. Rick went with us - confirming that he is one great guy, that I have zero chemistry with.
I am still dating Patrick, but I have been on a date with Aussie. I met a new guy at a fireside. He sent me a very direct email saying that he was interested in getting to know me better and if I was interested in him to send him an email and my phone number. He said I know you don't want to waste my time or yours so let's not play games. I liked his direct approach. I took a couple days and thought about it and sent him my number. He has sent me a few text messages and we ended up at a Halloween party together. We danced and that was it. He sent me an email saying it was good to see me, but no follow up. Strange...for someone who was so direct he seems to have backed off a little. Which is not a bad thing.
My date with Aussie was fun and easy. We went to dinner and then ended up "parked" at a local historical site overlooking the valley. It was really pretty and we sat in his car and talked and listened to his ipod. A tour bus pulled up and a group of people started getting off. I said to Aussie, "quick start breathing really hard, let's fog up the windows and rock the car." I thought I was funny. I'm not quite sure what Aussie thought. He is headed back to his homeland for a while, but will be returning at the beginning of next year.
Patrick and I have been doing lots of things together. Getting to know each other better, but I am still concerned about him and I can tell that I am holding myself back emotionally with him. I still have some thinking to do about this situation.
Yesterday...Well...got a call from Henry. Yep. Henry. He seems to pop back into my life at the most random times. He is going to be stopping by today or tomorrow to give me his new CD. I am super excited about the music, not so excited about his visit. Why you ask? I look like a bloated goat right now and my face looks like a seventh grader (you know - pimply and red). Yay! For me and my visit with Henry when I am looking and feeling my best. It really is kind of funny. I thought maybe if I did my hair and applied a little make-up it might help. So far, I think I look like a kid that tried to apply make-up (can you say Clown face - only not the funny clown, more the deranged, scary clown). If I dress up, I think my look will be complete. Think sad homecoming queen loser, standing in the rain, runny make-up, soggy, wet hair, kind of half done in her prom dress, trying to smile. Yep. That's me today. Should be fun. I'm sure today will be the day that he decides to visit. Except...sometimes things come up and he has to change days. I think maybe one more day would help with the face and bloating. Also, I will have more time to get ready. Really, I shouldn't worry about it, right? It's just Henry. I still am a little neurotic about him. I know I should get over it and that it really means nothing to him, but these phone calls and gestures make me wonder. And I really shouldn't be wondering. It's over, he broke up with me and I need to let it go. But...where's the fun in that?
Check back tomorrow or the next day for an update.
Shirley
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment