The latest addition to the "accumulating episodes" that is my life:
Friday morning my son did not have school (another teacher prep day), but my pre-school age daughter did. Because of the reduced morning ritual, or maybe just because it was Friday, I chose to leave the house while running to drop her off in the mom look dubbed "please, oh please don't let me get into an accident today." I know you all know what I am talking about.
On our way, I pull up to a red light in a right-hand turning lane. Out of the corner of my eye I see a hand waving. After a couple seconds of delayed response I realize Chuck is standing there. Right. There. He is parked in the first stall of a gas station on that corner waiting by the pump - so maybe 20 feet away. At the most.
This is strange in itself because I normally don't drive to pre-school this way (usually from the opposite direction having dropped my son off first) and Chuck doesn't live or work in the area. This particular gas station seemed an odd location for him to be stopping at. What a random place and time. My stars are SO not aligned this month (year, decade...whatever).
Please picture massive bed head. The kind where you go to bed with wet hair and wake up with waves going up (really high up) and out in all directions. No makeup with skin in the midst of one of those weeks where it forgets you are not in Jr. High anymore. Oh, and did I mention the pajama top? The one only you can appreciate because it's old, dingy and comfortable?
At least I had big sunglasses on. And I am praying there was a really good glare on the window (I was facing east and it was approx 8:15 am...yes, I tried calculating the sun's angle in relation to my car's location). And I can only hope my hair came across from that short distance as more "tousled" in a sexy sort of way. Ya, right.
I at least pulled it together quickly enough to give a smile (or maybe it was a grimace) and wave. Fortunately my son in the back booster seat recognized him too and waved from his window. I know he looked good sporting alien sleeper pajamas and a milk mustache.
Laverne
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Too funny!
Post a Comment