Saturday, August 15, 2009

Let the Drama Begin.

Ladies, now be honest. When we think of guys, don't you think they hate it when we drag them into the drama of our lives, friends, work, etc. Well...let me tell you a little story. It seems that we are not the only ones who can be drama queens. Personally, I liked to leave that job to my 3 year old, but I guess you do what works for you.

If you recall the last post. The night ended with strange text messages from Tim. I agreed to go out with him this weekend. However, as this past week progressed I started to feel more uncomfortable with the idea of going out with him. Regardless of the public place or not. Just a feeling that I couldn't shake and a decision had to be made.

Now, here I pose a question for all you people out there. Do you lie and say something came up, or do you go the direct route and say you don't want to go. Each has a place, honesty is good, being nice is usually a safe bet. Most guys will see thru the nice and know that you just don't want to go, but may be able to save face a little by convincing themselves that something really did come up.

What did I do? I took the nice route. I kept it short and simple. I just said I needed to cancel. Something came up. Then it all fell apart. Let me just shorten the drama for you because really who wants to read about a whiny guy who lacks self confidence, can't take no for an answer, who then starts the personal attacks on me. Although I will share one tidbit...

During a phone conversation which started out poorly because he was upset. (Note to self: emotions just really cloud your ability to do anything, rationally). I was told that I was mean because I didn't answer his texts that night (meaning Friday). Let me just say in my defense. It was 3 a.m. when he was texting me. I was sleeping or at least trying to. I had to turn off the phone because I was tired. I tried to explain this to Tim, who then replied, "Oh cry, Shirley, cry, cry just like a little girl". Insert sarcastic voice. What? Did that just come out of his mouth, seriously? I think he said that because I had previously told him that the drama of his life reminded me of junior high. A couple more that I liked are: You just want people to like you. You don't really care about them. There's a difference you know. You're not very nice. You should really think about that. And two: What else was I supposed to do? Just tell me? How could I have changed the situation? You were talking to him (meaning Larry). You ignored me. How was I supposed to get your attention? My response - Yes. I was JUST talking to him. I don't understand why he would be annoyed that I was talking to someone else. We barely even know each other.

To sum up: one day of my life has been sucked down a huge vortex of what I will call Tornado Tim. He ended one of his text messages with, "you are perfect for Larry you both are pro's at telling people what they want to hear. The truth means nothing to you."

Well Tim. You're right I do tell people what they want to hear and so for you I have the truth as requested - uncensored and unfiltered through my normal niceness. Tim. You are creepy. You behaved like a 12 year old girl. When someone says they changed their mind about going out with you - WALK AWAY! Show some self respect and just keep your mouth closed. Whining, blaming and name calling does not make me want to change my mind about going out with you. It wouldn't change any one's mind about going out with you. Just remember I have personal liberties which include, but are not limited to, I can say NO, change my mind or walk away from a situation anytime I feel like. I don't owe you any explanations. Period.

Oh and PS - NO! Laverne will not be calling you, but thanks for asking.

Shirley

No comments: