Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Dating Rules 2010

So I am officially stealing the title from another blog post called Single-ish. I love the idea of having new dating rules for this brand new year. I still have a few that I am working on such as being more bold and trying to be flirty with the guy that I actually like instead of the ones that I don't.

I like the Dating Coach advice: remember it's just practice and if he doesn't like you someone else will. Move forward with faith not fear.

I am trying to remember that I have probably had the biggest rejection of my life and I survived and I feel more confident now than I ever have. It's a strange twist of fate that one.

New things for me this year: I think it would be better to not follow any rules and go with your instincts and your heart. I'm trying to stop being so afraid of calling guys, putting myself out there and even doing the kissing hug. It's all easier said than done. I may feel more confident, but every now and then a little self doubt creeps back in and I shut down. I am a work in progress and I hope that this year is filled with fun dating stories for you to enjoy. I can guarantee there will be some great awkward clumsy moments. Be sure to check back for more crazy stories.

Shirley

Amen.

Laverne

No comments: